Wednesday, January 11, 2012

day 3

another good day. Today's discovery was spaghetti squash! Yum!!!!! I basically made a vegetable and tomato sauce and ate it over the squash and it was just like comfort food and I was one happy mama.

today is day four and interestingly I am more cranky, tired and wanting to eat junk more than I have so far. Here is the deal. I did not go to bed until 10:30pm and got up at 5:30am. Now I know that 7 hours of sleep is good for a lot of people but not me. I do best on about 9 hours. So today is the first day I really am missing coffee. I know that once I start on the coffee to deal with tiredness that will inevitably lead to a sugar binge in the afternoon to still deal with the same tiredness. In an ideal world I would be in bed by 8pm and up at 4am. Kyle and I are talking about how to simplify our lives. Can I put myself on a strict bedtime and waking schedule? I want to. I am happier, and my kids are happier. This morning I was a wreck, distracted, and IRRITABLE. I know I have not been this way the past few days so sleep has to be the culprit. I don't want to rely on caffeine so I am going to have to set boundaries for myself with my time. I want all of my friends to get on my schedule and hang out with me between 4am-7am...deal : )??

Another ahh ha moment. Now lets see if I can recover because I know what is up and go on with my day. I will say this, I always give Maggie a hard time for having a low tolerance level. If she is tired or hungry she is an emotional wreck. Unfortunately I know where she gets it from. So I have to give her some grace : )

No comments:

Post a Comment