Tuesday, January 10, 2012

day 1 and 2

Day 1
Here is what I ate
shake in early morning
1/2 sweet potato and raw carrot and celery mid morning
salad with oil and vinegar and shake lunch
stir fry veggies and 1/2 cup rice and shake at dinner

I felt a little tired but nothing terrible. I did nap for about an hour and had a headache through the evening. I actually expected to feel much worse as I had read stories of people puking.

Day 2
shake in early morning
1/2 sweet potato and cooked spinach, green beans and rest of stir fry veggies.
salad at lunch
shake in afternoon
AMAZING lentil soup and salad for dinner

I felt great today. no cravings, no headaches, just good. I had more energy, did not have the usual afternoon crash and have felt really stable in my thinking. I am surprised!

what I am learning about myself
-with a plan I can eat well. I got all of my food prepped as suggested on Saturday. I cut all my veggies, made a very specific menu and have it ready for me in just a few minutes. This has helped avoid the hunger panic. In times past the clencher for me is always my hunger...This week I have not had to worry about what I was going to eat, or how I was going to have time to fix my own food as I fixed my family's.

- I notice having to fight the habit of eating as I cook and clean up, I have with held but notice it is my natural inclination to just pick at things I have prepared or finish the kids food! this habit has to go

-my kids are eating better by default. I have fixed some things for me and some things for them but inevitably they want to at least try what I have, maggie and marion both have been eating salad and lentils, by choice and everyone's fruit and veggie in take went up over the past two days, just because it is what I was going toward.

-if I do not start my day with foods that lead to sugar (coffee, toast) the craving never sets in. It is interesting. Honestly, I know I am only on day three and I will crave it but I expected the first two days to be a nightmare. But it turns out that good choices really do just lead to more good choices.

All in all, I feel empowered not miserable. 19 days sounds like a long time and I really want to be successful but I am off to a good start.

3 comments: