Monday, February 6, 2012

180

In several ways over the past month God has given us this symbol. We have taken it as a promise from Him as well as a mandate for us. We are turning and being turned 180 degrees. This is playing out in a few ways

-I am attempting (slowly) to scale back my life. I am trying to learn to be content with managing my time and being content in my home. This is proving to be very difficult but peace is emerging.

-Financially. We are getting really structured with our budget and are moving forward with how to manage what we are given. This year we will gain more, save more and give more.

-education. this is probably the most interesting one for me. I am 75% sure that we will begin home school next year with our children. The thought came to me one early morning as I was praying about simplifying our life. I have been strongly convicted about keeping our family close and being the one that is responsible for raising them. We love our school but our children are not blossoming there, they are in survival mode most of the day. God has more for them than that. I am the one who is entrusted with them and I am feeling equipped in a new way to take it on. Since I had the thought I have had much fear about it but I am realizing that God will give our whole family grace to do this. As I think about it creativity is starting already. I have ideas that I am super excited to implement.

eating- I love vegetables again!!! This is a big deal. It will mean a lot for growing, preserving and preparing food this year. It also will dictate our food budget and teaching our children not only to eat well but to cook well. Canaan is hopefully going to become the resident bread baker.

So often I have to sit down and remind myself of how God is moving in our lives. I get very caught up in my own emotions and the ever present work of raising a family. But when I can sit down like this and paint a picture for myself on how God is moving us forward I can regain some perspective. Life is a gift. I want to live it to the very fullest with JOY!!!!

1 comment: