Friday, April 15, 2011

rest

I have had the most restful week...I feel lightness of heart and spirit. The realization is that I needed rest. My mom is here...the change of pace makes me realize I am still inside myself. I have laughed more enjoyed more and I even just watched a movie all by myself. Our circumstances are the same but getting a minute to breathe has made it all seem less stressful and more bearable. So thankful for the gift today. Here is a moment I had today where I said to myself "you have too many kids" Mom and I were taking all four children to the bakery (Holiday gf bakery) and then to the playground. As I was pulling kids out of the car I said "mom grab Marion" and lifted a sleepy Francis into my own arms. With Francis on my hip I opened the door to the bakery and looked behind me for my little ducks to file in. Canaan, then Maggie walked in behind me. As I counted two children I quickly yelled out the door of the bakery "Francis come on buddy!...and then remembered I was carrying him in my arms. yep. It is amazing that we get through days. period.

1 comment: