Saturday, May 22, 2010

yep

I have officially fallen in love for the fourth time (not including my husband : )) The first few weeks of each of our babies lives is absolutely about me, as is the whole pregnancy (in case that was not obvious). But then something happens. Our little one starts to emerge as a person and... voila! my heart leaves my body. So now it has happened for a fourth time and I could cry about it. Marion is precious, adorable, needy, and ours. Once again I have made my mother's heart vulnerable to heartache as I watch her grow, shape, and become her own person apart from me. I ask myself why do I do this again and again??? The answer is simple. I love it. I love being a mother. I love loving my children until it hurts and there is no greater honor or sacrifice. I also love what it does for me. It makes me wrestle with questions about selfishness, worth, justice in the world, faith etc...In a nutshell, it changes me, daily. So thanks Marion for the reminder today, the reminder that my heart lives in the lives of FOUR people.

Did I mention that miss Marion takes a pacifier, sleeps on her stomach, and at some point each night ends up in bed with me?...those are all firsts for Meyers children and do I need to mention that she is the BABY???. She will get what ever she wants, she already does . My perspective is so different each time. It is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment