Sunday, April 15, 2012

New Day

Something was stirred in my heart this past summer. It was a "coming home" of sorts in my understanding of God. He let me have questions, even judgements against Him and still offered me His yes...new life in Him. At that time, I opened my heart, gave God my yes and literally said to Him "I am going to walk through this door though I do not know if you are on the other side, please do not let me fall". I know this sounds obscure and it is a bit hard to explain but when I said I yes, my heart softened. I had no idea where it would lead. Through continuous encounters with Him and others following Him these past 6 months, I am being renewed. I am finally finding peace, and am confronting the ugliness in myself not with a new plan on how to better but with a surrender, a surrender believing that someone is orchastrating the craziness of me life and helping me be more like His Son Jesus. I am learning to have faith and in faith believing I am a part of the Kingdom of God and in this kingdom I am not only a servant but a LOVED one of Jesus Christ. I am finding healing in my Spirit and in my soul. The old has gone and the new has come. We have been given as a family a new chapter, a church that seems to be a part of my homecoming, our familys' homecoming. We attended for the fourth time today and it feels right. The people are gracious and welcoming, the teaching familiar but refreshing and anointed and the Spirit of God is real among these people. Thank you God for Hope, a hope that is visible among people trying to serve you together. I am excited and filled with joy at being able to participate in it!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment